Friday, November 04, 2005

Basketball Season

College basketball season is finally underway! I know we're just getting into the exhibition games this weekend, but I have been waiting for this moment since the first part of April when the last season ended. Why, then, do I live in a football state and did I go to a football school? Well, I didn't realize I liked basketball so much until college. And then I went to games. I love the speed of the action. I love the sound of shoes on the floor. I love the closeness of the stands where the noise can't help but be contagious. I went to every game I could go to, and I've never been able to shake the fascination. And now the season is about to start again, and I can feel alive once more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we must be sure to get you in our tournament bracket challenge this year

Heather said...

I fully intend to be involved in as many tournament pools as possible -- I watch as many games as my employer will allow, and mostly on my friend's HD television set. I can't justify buying my own, when there's already one in the city.