Sunday, December 10, 2006

Vacation: Returning on Tuesday

Tuesday morning we got up and drove back to the Cancun airport for our flight back to the US. We had no travel issues of any kind, and got back safely in the early evening. My Spanish got a little boost, but then it had no where to go but up. My metric also got a big boost, with road signs in kilometers, hotel scales in kilograms, and weather reports in Celsius. We got to eat good food and sleep well. We also got to really relax and refresh ourselves for regular life back at home, which is the point of vacation. I can officially call our vacation a success. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I also found the observatory at Chitzen Itza to be one of the highlights of my visit.

Heather said...

Thanks for reading my enormous missives of vacationness! Glad to hear you also enjoyed the snail-shaped observatory!