Sunday, January 21, 2007

Marathon Training: 4 Weeks To Go

I bet you all figured I stopped training for the marathon. Well, you'd be mostly right. I keep telling myself I'm just in the middle of a long tapering phase...a very long tapering phase. I am still running some, just not with the rigor and planning I had at the beginning. Maybe it's because I'm so slow and it gets boring to run 4+ hours per day. Maybe I let the busyness of the holidays get to me. And maybe I'm just lazy.

Regardless, I still intend to do the race. I won't likely be able to run the whole thing, but I'll do my best and leave myself lots of improvement space for future years. I certainly wouldn't want to start out with my best marathon ever. :)

That being said, this last week had a lot of really cold weather, and that sort of limits one's motivation. I did run nine miles last weekend, and I'm signed up for the 3M Half-Marathon next weekend. And we'll just have to wait and see how that goes.

No comments: