Monday, February 04, 2008

Running Again

I've decided I'm done being a slacker. I haven't been running or doing much else in the way of exercise for a long time, and that's just not acceptable.

Today, I just got back from my 1-minute run. I know that sounds pathetic, and it is, but hear me out. There is a certain amount of aerobic exercise that is just there to get you going and warmed up and to remind your body how to burn fat and not just the easy glucose that hangs out in the bloodstream. Most everything I've ever read says that takes about 30 minutes. That means everything before that half-hour point basically is just the stuff you do before the part of the workout that actually does you any good.

And after months of no running, I'm just glad my run today actually counted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get your logic, but I think I could run for a minute. Perhaps you'll be my motivation for exercise. :)

Heather said...

I'm shooting for a (3)5-minute run tomorrow. :)