Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Random Ten

After realizing that all the cool kids are doing it, I decided to try it out. Well, some of the folks that blog regularly that I read, anyway. Most of my CDs ended up in storage before I could get them all uploaded into my iTunes library, so I have a limited selection. It's also old, and not too many unknowns in my pile of stuff. I'll have to work on that. In the meantime, here is my first edition of the 10 random songs that iTunes gave me to work with on a Friday afternoon.

Liquid by Jars of Clay*, Jars of Clay
Heart To God, Hand To Man by Geoff Moore & The Distance*, Evolution
Babka Breakdown, Country Cooking (random bluegrass instrumentals)
No Need to Argue by The Cranberries, No Need To Argue
Particle Man by They Might Be Giants, Dr. Demento 25th Anniversary Collection
Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band, Crash
I'm Gonna Fly by Amy Grant, The Collection
Night On Disco Mountain by David Shire, Saturday Night Fever
Dancin' Fool by Frank Zappa, Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary Collection
Maybe Tomorrow by Sixpence None The Richer, This Beautiful Mess

This was a very jarring set -- from upbeat bluegrass to low-key Cranberry-land to Dr. Demento. And what's up with two different novelty songs ending up getting thrown at me? It sure was nice to end with Leigh (Bingham) Nash's airy vocals, and that made me want to go relisten to that whole album.

*Acts I've seen live. I haven't been to many concerts in my life, so you won't see too many of these asterisk thingies in the random 10.

No comments: