Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Climbing Meme

So James thought it would be fun to make me do this little meme. And I, always a sucker, am obliging.

My Rules (Okay, so they're someone else's):

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (You’re not the boss of me!)
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My Random Facts:

1. I grew four inches after I got to college. You hear of this happening with guys, but I've never heard of another girl who did so much growing after turning 18. I actually was looking at applying to West Point, but I was too short at the time to be allowed in. Now look at what they're missing!

2. I have a nearly perfect heart-shaped birthmark on my thigh. It's a reverse birthmark, so you can only see it when I have a tan and the heart stays white. Kids in elementary school teased me for having put a heart-shaped sticker on my leg and gotten a tan around it. Honestly, what kid has that much diligence to do that every time they go outside in shorts?

3. I have moved a lot. I had lived in 13 houses (11 cities, 3 countries) by the time I graduated from highschool. After graduation, my parents calmed down, and have only moved twice since. I, however, have moved to 8 more locations in that time.

4. My eyes are different colors: one is green and one is brown. You can tell which is which, but I can't, because the brown one is blind. I didn't know they were different colors until high school, when a guy friend pointed it out. My parents never noticed, and there are no pictures of me as a kid where I don't have red-eye or a patch on an eye or something, so I have no idea if they've always been this way, or changed over time.

5. I love to climb trees. Always have. As a kid I climbed coconut trees, which you must climb barefoot, so I'm really a barefoot climber. I may have done this in the past at parties as almost a parlor trick, but I can't say for sure. I don't do it as often anymore, but just last week I climbed the orange tree in the backyard to do some harvesting of the higher branches.

6. I skipped a grade and repeated a grade. Well, sort of. In April or May of my second grade year, I was moving to my fourth school for the year. My parents figured my second grade education was mostly shot anyway, so they convinced my new school to put me in the combined 3rd/4th grade class with my uncle, so I would know somebody. However, jumping to the end of 3rd grade was hard without the preliminary stuff for that year. The next year, I did 3rd grade for real, and multiplication was a lot easier that way.

7. I stalked a basketball player in college. It was the beginning of my basketball obsession, and this player seemed to be very affected by the mood of the fans. In order for the team to play well, he needed to play well. So I figured out where he lived, his email address, his phone number, and I would call or send an email before and/or after most games to wish him good luck and let him know he had a fan in the stands. He played better when I'd called him before the game, so I kept doing it. He wasn't real bright, though, so I don't think he realized I was the same person who called the last time. Is it really stalking if they don't notice?

8. I'm a terrible klutz. I trip over everything, including a completely flat, smooth floor. Stairs are absolutely the worst. I remember a time when my future husband and I had been dating a couple of months, and we got to the top of a flight of stairs, and he just stopped, jaw dropped, staring at me. He said, "That's the first time I've ever seen you climb a set of stairs without tripping."

My Victims:

Justin
Natasha
Mike
Amy
Kyle
Monica, if you're still out there, you're tagged.
Stephanie -- use this as your foray into the blogging world!
Matt already did this, but since I have no other readers that I know of, this one will have to count in my 8.

Oh, and if you're a reader who doesn't comment, just let me know you're alive and clinging to every word I write. Plus, that way I can check out your blog, too!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm far too uninteresting to participate, but I thank you for thinking of me. I always suspected you were a stalker. It's the different color eyes, make you look suspicious.

Heather said...

Kyle, no way. You can't get out that easily. Surely you can come up with 8 piddly things about yourself. Think about it a couple of days -- your writer's block will lift, I'm sure. :)

George said...

Hiya, Heather. Thanks for playing.

Are #4 and #8 related? Just wondering.

Heather said...

George, I don't think my different colored eyes have anything to do with my lack of grace. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I thought I left a comment, but I don't see it here. Does that mean I didn't??

I honestly don't remember what my comment was, but my blog has been updated. Read it, you'll see. You'll also understand that I don't know how to link to/from anything. :)

I think I need to go back to school to learn how to do all this stuff again...

Heather said...

Here's your link, Stephanie. :)

Anonymous said...

Whoo-Hoo! Thanks for playing along with the meme.

dav said...

wow, I've got one of those birthmarks too, though I wasn't sure I still had it until this summer. It's high up on my thigh and I haven't had a proper tan since I was five.

I'd never heard of anyone one else with one. Technically it probably isn't a birthmark but reverse birthmark is the best name I've heard for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm alive! I promise I'll blog these soon. Along with an update on my crazy life.

(I also have one of those "reverse birthmarks" - it appears as a circle around my right knee, but it doesn't contrast as much anymore as it did when I was little. I guess it learned how to tan itself a little.)

Heather said...

daverede -- nice to meet you, and thanks for commenting! It's nice to know I'm not the only freak with the messed up birthmark. Thanks for sharing your freakiness here!