Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Random Ten

With a short week, I almost forgot that today was Friday, and time to add in the random 10. Without further ado, this is what I got.

"When You Are Old And Gray" by Tom Lehrer, Songs & More Songs
"Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton, Rush soundtrack
"Send Out A Prayer" by Anointed, The Call
"Be Still" by Newsboys, Going Public
"Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" by Tom Lehrer, Songs & More Songs
"I Want To Live In A Wigwam" by Cat Stevens, Footsteps In The Dark
"Lyin' Eyes" by The Eagles, Their Greatest Hits
"Breathe" by The Newsboys, Take Me To Your Leader
"Lobachevsky" by Tom Lehrer, Songs & More Songs
"Weary By Now" by Ron David Moore, The Vision's Clear

I never get over how Tom Lehrer is able to fit so many words in a single musical measure, but what's up with a random set of songs with three songs from the same album? Doesn't that violate some sort of law of randomness, or something? When "Send Out a Prayer" started, I was sure that my iTunes had goofed and started "Tears in Heaven" again. Who knew a song by a Gospel/R&B group could sound like the former Cream frontman? Or maybe it's more surprising that the former Cream frontman could sound like a Gospel/R&B group. It was funny to remember that Cat Stevens pronounced "wigwam" so that it rhymed with "caravan". Ah, the things you forget when you haven't heard a song in a gazillion years. Overall, a pretty mellow set. "Breathe" was the closest to something that had a nifty bass line to listen too (and I'm pretty sure I heard the use of a distortion pedal at one point -- mmmmm, maybe one day). Perhaps my focus is shifted based (ha!) on my recent purchase.

*Acts I've seen live. Oh right -- I haven't seen any of these folks live.

No comments: