Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Here is this week's ten piles of randomness.

"The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks, The Hits
"Spinnin' Round" by PFR*, Goldie's Last Day
"What Have I Done To Deserve This?" by Pet Shop Boy, Discography: The Complete Singles Collection
"Imagination" by Erasure, The Innocents
"Piano Sonata #21 in C" played by Wilhelm Kempff, Beethoven: Klaviersonaten
"Me-Stew" by Shel Silverstein, Where The Sidewalk Ends
"I'm Alright" by Jars of Clay*, If I Left the Zoo
"In The Likeness of You" by Petra, Unseen Power
"Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkel, The Concert In Central Park
"Let Mercy Lead" by Rich Mullins*, Brother's Keeper

I remember the first time I saw Jars of Clay. I actually went to see PFR, and Jars was opening for them. The show was in a church in Fort Worth, and some friends of mine and I drove up from college attend. It was a capacity crowd, at just about 300 people. Jars did their entire set acoustically, and were touring that year with a violin and cello which worked well in the small venue. I was instantly in love with their sound. When it took 45 minutes for PFR to have their stuff set up to go on afterwards, I even tried to convince my friends we could leave any time -- no need to see the main act. We stayed, and it was completely worth it, but I was set after just seeing Jars. And a new fan was born. I guess that's why there are opening acts at concerts.

* Acts I've seen live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you. I hope you don't mind.