Monday, October 22, 2007

How Can I Be Anything But Crazy

My dad called this afternoon, about 3, and left a message on my cell phone. Then he called again at 4 when I hadn't called him back yet. Then he sics my crazy aunt on me, and she calls at 4:30, and then she paged me at 5pm, because my dad's called her because he's worried that I'm not answering my cell phone. NOT ANSWERING MY CELL PHONE???? Dude! Calm down -- it's been two whole hours!

It seems he was concerned that the latest fires were about to consume us, even though the vast majority of them are in Malibu (a ways south of us) and San Diego (a long ways south of us). Meanwhile, I was paged for work at 11:30 last night, and had finished working a 13-hour day, and wanted to take a nap. Just a weensy little nap so I don't become complete psycho-girl, but that was thwarted. First, the plumber came to fix a leak 10 minutes after I fell asleep, and then there was the onslaught of worried relatives.

So, now you see what I'm up against. How can I possibly be a productive member of society when I have genes like that pulling for my total descent into Crazytown?

And now I'm going to go try to get a real nap -- one to try to make up for my lack of nighttime sleep last night. And please don't call me until tomorrow. Thank you for your consideration for my sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why you should live close to your family. Un-announced, pop in visits just to make sure you're ok...Fun stuff!! Just think, you'll get really good zzzzz's. I think the best sleep is from when I'm really sleepy!

Anonymous said...

first sorry dad was being well...dad haha and second i'm so glad i read this before i called you cause i was seriously considering it.

Heather said...

Steph -- thanks for reminding me of the benefits of being across the country from the folks.

Cat -- eventually I got smart and just turned my phone off. Slept from 6pm to 4:30 this morning. It was very nice!