Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No News Is Good News?

It's been six weeks since we made an offer on the house we live in. We still don't have a response, but they are "working on a counter". Every indication we have is that she really would like to sell it to us, so we'll just have to wait and see what she comes back with. I've decided to go with the old adage. It may be foolish, but we're living in the house we want in the meantime, so that's good enough for me.

Plus, yesterday we had a toilet leak, and that got fixed on the landlady's dime. I really think I am content for us to stay renters for a very long time. We'll be here, at least, through all the scheduled visitors for the fall, so that's good.

I feel like our realtor. She checks in periodically just to tell us she's talked with the seller's realtor and has no news. One day, when the longest offer period EVER is over, I'll let you know that we actually have news. If that day ever comes, that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i soo just asked you that...hopefully you'll get the house cause i would feel awful if after all of this she sold the house to someone else.