Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Random Ten

This week, here was my lineup:

"Work Hard" by Depeche Mode on People Are People
"I Got The Joy" by Carman on The Absolute Best
"A City on a Hill" by Patsy Moore on Regarding the Human Condition
"When a Man Loves a Woman" by Bette Midler on Experience the Divine
"Frank's 2000" TV" by Weird Al Yankovic* on Alapalooza
"Blame It On Me" by Barenaked Ladies on Gordon
"Manhattan Skyline" by David Shire on Saturday Night Fever
"How Can I Tell You" by Cat Stevens on Footsteps in the Dark
"Ridiculous Rose" by Shel Silverstein on Where The Sidewalk Ends
"Wait" by White Lion on POP 83 Gold & Platinum Volumn 5

This was one messed up random ten. Who knew that such a mess of bad tracks existed in my collection? I find myself trying to blame other people for the crap in my iTunes, and then I realize most of it is my own fault. I thing I see the possibility of a purge of the bad music in my future.

That said, there was one decent track in there. Maybe I can just blame the ruining of a perfectly bad random ten on the Barenaked Ladies. Well, I guess I have to blame Mr. Silverstein, too, because who can't appreciate this poem?
Her mama said, "Don't eat with your fingers!"
"Okay," said Ridiculous Rose.
So she ate with her toes.


* Acts I've seen live

No comments: