Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Plasticman and Elastigirl

When I was growing up, Plasticman was always my favorite superhero. Not Superman or Batman or any of those mainstream guys. I liked Aquaman, too, but that's a story for another time.

Anyway, Plasticman always seemed cool to me in the way he could stretch out and grab someone, or make himself flat and slide under a door. It just seemed to me to be such a versatile gift. But as I got older, I forgot about him, as teenagers (who are way too cool for that sort of thing) are wont to do.

And then The Incredibles came out. I enjoyed the movie, but I absolutely adored Elastigirl. Again, with the amazing versatility, and I loved the irony of her being the mother of three kids.

So I was reminded of Plasticman, and this attraction I have to these heroes of flexibility. I suppose that says something about what I value in life, but I doubt it's that clear or simple. So, I just thought I'd throw it out there, and let you all figure it out for me.

Thanks.

No comments: