Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Latest New Toy

My latest new toy is like a heartrate monitor with a GPS in it. I've taken it out running the last couple times I've run, and I love it.

I love it because I can run anywhere and know how far I've gone without driving it in my car afterwards. It's all the information that the treadmill gives you that I really like to have (pace, distance, heartrate), with the flexibility of running on the road. And the road is a much more interesting place to run.

As I've been running on the road, I've found that it's surprising how much detail I see in my surroundings. And, more surprising, there is a ton of detail that is different depending on the direction and side of the street that I'm running on. I just wouldn't have expected it. I sort of thought that since I'm moving so much slower that that would determine how much I'd see, but that perspective thingy does a lot to that.

Anyway, better get out to my morning run.

No comments: