Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Trying Out New Products

When my sister came to vist in June (the crazy one, not the one that's still in high school), she brought an enormous suitcase for two nights, and we made fun of her. Only slightly kidding, she pointed out that it was lighter when she went back home. See, she's that girl who expects to leave things behind when she visits someone.

This visit, among the things she left were a razor and 4 unused blades. When I called her to get her address to send them back, she assured me she had four others, because she tends to leave them places, and I didn't need to mail it to her. So I didn't. And, being the frugal girl that I am, I decided to use them. I didn't use the blade she had been using -- I used a fresh one. But I figured there was no need for those four brand new blades to go into the trash can, when they'd never done anything to anybody.

So, I present to you, my findings on the Gillette Fusion -- it rocks. I've never had a razor that I could use on a regular basis without cutting myself at least every other time I shaved. I have no idea whether that's the extra blades, or whether there is any benefit of the battery-powered massage action (it feels good, so I've never tried shaving without turning it on). It's just shocking to me that I now haven't cut myself shaving in nearly two months -- and not because I stopped shaving for those two months.

I very seldom am impressed with a product, so I just wanted to share my findings. Take them with a grain of salt, but don't plan to cut yourself on them.

No comments: