Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm So Proud

I haven't ever posted pictures here on the Strangeness site, but I am so proud of the pictures we put together for selling the house, that I want to share them. And by "we put together", I mean my husband took them, and I stole them directly from the email he sent to the realtor for the flyers. But, it just took something of this magnitude to finally decide it's high time for me to figure out the picture attaching stuff. Well, not so much the attaching part, but the arrangement within the post part of it.

First, we have a couple of pictures of the front of the house, from two different vantage points. Please be sure to notice how nice the flowerbeds look, and how good the paint job is. These items required much pain and suffering, so I want to be sure to get credit for that. At least as much credit as one can get from a blog post. I know you can't tell how many flowers are really there, so let me fill you in. There are 60 blue pansies, 30 burgundy pansies, 2 marigolds, 8 cyclamens, 10 gerbera daisies, 1 hydrangea, 2 birds of paradise and 4 calla lilies. Those all got planted on Sunday. Whew!

Then, we have a panoramic-type picture of the backyard. This makes our backyard look bigger than it really is. And for some reason, people seem to like that stone picnic table. We tried to get rid of that thing so many times, but how do you dispose of a 300-pound stone object? and then we never really wanted to deal with the dead patch of grass that we'd surely have had to do something about. So, it stayed. At least termites don't eat stone picnic tables, and they don't rot, so we've never had to repair it, and that's always good.

Finally, there are pictures of the inside. Again, be sure to admire the quality paint job that we finally found had done, after much effort finding a contractor that actually wanted to take our money. Also, notice how clean everything is. I would even say the place is spotless. The living room is a nice big room, so we were able to accomodate the baby grand piano, which makes the possibilities for that room seem even grander than they should. And that picture of the kitchen makes that room look really appealing, even if you can still tell that there is blue painting tape on the French doors.

My husband sure can take pictures that make a small space look desirable. And I sure can steal them for my own uses.

4 comments:

cat said...

oh man! that does NOT look like your house...it looks soo much better!! awesome work!!

Heather said...

Thanks for the kind words...I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Ain't photoblogging fun?

Heather said...

It is -- I'll have to see about getting one of those new-fangled digital cameras to do it more often.