Sunday, February 25, 2007

Things I've Avoided

I have tried not to post about basketball as often as I've thought about it. I realize that most of my two readers don't care about sports. But then I remember: this is my blog, dammit!

Also, I haven't wanted to jinx my Aggies amazing season. However, I've decided there is nothing I can do to derail them at this point -- they're just too good. Earlier this afternoon I thought I heard a commentator say that Texas A&M was out of the tournament. I had to run to the TV to see what stupid sports dude was about to be out of a job. Then, I realized they were just saying that A&M wouldn't get a #1 seed. Well, that's a perfectly acceptable thing to say. Wait -- was he trying to say that there was a time that A&M could have gotten a #1 seed? I just can't imagine. When there's only 4 of those, and we haven't been ranked above 6 in the nation, there would have been some teams really pissed off if we'd been seeded that high. I'm still holding out for a good last two conference games, a good Big 12 tournament showing, and therefore a #2 seed in the San Antonio region. That would be my ideal situation, and I would have to have tickets to their Sweet 16 and Elite 8 showings if that was the case. Yeah.

Our next game in this Wednesday night here in Austin, and yes, I'll be there. We're taking a great 22-4 record into the Erwin center, and we've proven we can play Durant's game and beat him at it. I can't wait to be there to cheer us on to do it again. I love going to the A&M/UT game each year in Austin. It's just a great feeling to be rooting for the visiting team in a hostile environment. It adds to the pressure, and I love watching the home team fans get beaten and how dejected they collectively act. I'll have to let you all know how that goes.

No comments: