Monday, February 12, 2007

Middle of the Day TV

I'm stuck at home on the couch with the flu. Official flu. I went to the doctor this morning and got diagnosed, along with this little medical gem: "After the first 48 hours, there's not really much we can do -- you just have to ride it out." I just can't get over how little there really is on during the day. Lots of court TV, daytime soaps, and random violent talk shows. I realize we only have basic TV that we can get over the air. I guess if we had cable or something, my sick days wouldn't be so miserable. But then, that's kinda the point of the sick day -- that you desparately want to get back to your regular routine. Well, Middle-Of-The-Day-TV, you've won -- I don't want to watch anymore Judge Alex or Jerry Springer or As the World Turns. I want to get better and go back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.