Sunday, November 04, 2007

Variety of Food, Day 4: Taco Stew

I tend to go all out when people come to visit me, so if you're coming, give me several weeks to prepare adequately. Now that our guest has left, and several high-maintenance meals have been made, I decided it was time for something easy. Still tasty and homemade, but easy. For those of you that asked for it, this is one of my favorite crockpot meals. Plus, I'm coming down with something, and spent most of the day with a low-grade fever. It's the kind of thing that would normally have me deciding on a frozen pizza for dinner, but not this month!

Taco Stew
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can blackeyed peas
1 can pinto beans with jalepenos
1 can Ranch style beans
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg dry ranch dressing

Brown the ground beef with the onion, and dump in a crockpot with everything else and stir it all up. Cook all day on low (anywhere from 6 to 22 hours -- I've tried), and serve over tortilla chips, with some melted cheese on top.

Never said it was hard to make something that tastes good. This is a favorite -- both for prep time and for tastiness. This makes a ton of food, so we'll be eating it for lunch for the forseeable future. That's fine by me!

Total kitchen time: 15 minutes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha what a trooper keeping up with you're "homework" for this month's blogging even though you're not feeling wonderful!! but man...that does sound good!