Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Variety of Food, Day 6: Parmesan-Crusted Snapper

Today was my first attempt during this blog-a-thon to make a recipe that I'd never made before. I bought red snapper at the store, and then tried to find something to make with it. I came across this recipe in the iconic Joy of Cooking, and it was hideous. Pure hideosity. Disgust-o-rama. I couldn't eat mine. At least the rice and broccoli were edible.

It seemed harmless enough, even if a bit boring. Start with an eggwash, and dip the fish in that and then in a breadcrumb/parmesan/parsley mix. Saute in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side and be careful not to burn the parmesan.

I didn't burn the cheese, but the result was a disaster. I really only managed two bites before I had to call myself finished with "dinner".

And yet, my husband cleaned his plate, and demanded I save the leftovers for him for lunch this week. There's just no accounting for taste.

Total Kitchen Time: 30 minutes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha thats really funny...so it couldn't have been all that bad!

Heather said...

Oh, I assure you. It was, in fact, at least that bad.

Anonymous said...

This is when my dogs come in handy! I feed them what we don't like. It couldn't have been dog-worthy if he's willing to eat it again! :)